Ah, there was a moment this week when we felt like we were eating fried chicken! It was nice to have some new flavors in our mouths and it was a little like cheating, although I know it is still in our healthy perimeters. We ate ours with a lovely green salad with fresh tomatoes, lemon cucumbers, and peas. I made our dressing with apple cider vinegar and olive oil. I might try this with fish next time for a good trickery!
- Chicken, breast or thigh, cut into large bite sized pieces.
- 1/2-1 cup dried coconut (not the sugar variety)
- 2-4 eggs, beaten
- Coconut oil for frying
- Heat coconut oil up in a skillet on medium low.
- Dip chicken into egg and then coconut and then place in a warm skillet. Salt them while cooking.
- Cook on both sides evenly. Serve.