Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thursday's Meals

I am not sure why this week is behaving so crazy, but it is.  We all woke up this morning at 7:15, and need to be out of the door by 7:40!  Yikes, we were moving like chickens with our heads cut off!  So, I altered the breakfast plans a bit.

I quickly ground up some pork, onions, and salt in the Cuisinart and fried those up.  While those were cooking I made beautiful smoothies with Mint, Banana, Mango, Spinach, and Water.  I served some leftover pesto and avocado with the sausages, and there you have it. Breakfast.  Bone broth was also served.  No time to slowly cook those onions to soft deliciousness.

We were all on our own for lunch, but eating the same thing.  We had steak leftover from the evening before, steamed beets, and cucumbers.  Nothing fancy, but everyone ate their lunch up.  Maeve had pineapple too.  No photo, as I forgot my purse today and could not document my lovely and colorful lunch option.


For dinner I roasted a chicken with my "Mason Jar Method".  I used to use the "Beer can method", but I don't drink beer or anything that comes in a can; so this limited my can resources.  I roasted the chicken with brussel sprouts and onions.  I also baked some kale to accompany this lovely assortment of goodies.  Bone broth was served at dinner.

Baked Kale:
Tear into bit sized bits.  Place in a large bowl.  Liberally douse in animal fat (I used pork fat), salt.  Spread out on a baking sheet.  Bake in oven at 350* for 10-15 minutes.  They will be crispy, like chips.

No comments: