Wednesday, January 05, 2011

GAPS Meatloaf

Ingredients:

2 lbs Grass-fed Ground Beef (Can use lamb or chicken too)
1 lb. Ground Pork
2 Eggs from Pasture-fed Hens (I used 4 whites because I had them leftover in the fridge)
½ Yellow Onion
1 Bulb Garlic
3 Carrots
2 Celery Stalks
5 Mushrooms
2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
1/2 Cup Fresh Parsley
Tomato Paste
2 Tablespoons Honey
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Directions: 
Mix the ground meat and eggs together until thoroughly blended.

In the Cuisinart, mix onions, garlic and parsley until well mixed.  Add the vegetables, tomato paste, mustard, salt and pepper to the cuisinart and blend well.  Remove and mix by hand thoroughly into the meat mixture. Bake at 375 ยบ F for about 45 minutes to an hour until the juices run clear and the meatloaf’s center is  cooked through.

Top with tomato paste and honey mixture.  Bake for another 5 minutes.
I served mine with Cauliflower Mash and Garlic Spinach.  

1 comment:

Katie said...

Thanks for posting this recipe! I found it this week when I googled "GAPS meat loaf." Made it last night and two of my three children LOVED it. That's definitely saying something. :) Thanks!