Beginning the big birthday WEEK at our house. Someone is turning 7! Her first request for her "boss us around birthday week" was to make muffins. She helped mix and measure and they turned out wonderful! We served them with fresh pressed veggie juice and bacon. Well into her first bite my girls exclaimed, "These are the BEST muffins, EVER!"
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 cup honey
2 Tablespoons coconut oil
3 large carrots, grated
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup walnuts (optional, we omitted them)
1. In a large bowl or mixer, combine almond flour, salt, soda, cinnamon and nutmeg; Mix.
2. In a separate bowl, mix eggs, honey and oil.
3. Stir in carrots, raisins, and walnuts into wet ingredients.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry.
5. Place batter into muffin tins.
6. Bake at 350* for 20-25 minutes.
7. Cool lightly, serve and enjoy.