Sunday, August 27, 2006

Fifth week of August

David and I purchased a pressure cooker from Sears last Thanksgiving and we have been using it weekly if not more. If you have never had the pleasure of using one, or experiencing it, you will be amazed! I checked out EVERY book from the library for on pressure cookers and found my favorite: Pressure Perfect by Lorna Sass. What I absolutely love about her is that every recipe is adaptable. She gives you the basic recipe and then tells you how you can modify it 4-5 times into new recipes. Fabulous! I have to admit this is my ONLY cookbook without pictures and I find myself using it ALL the time. This pressure cooker cooks brown rice, beans, and meat in minutes comparably. I dare you to try one, you won't be disappointed.

Sunday: PULLED PORK SANDWICHES, CARROT-RAISIN SALAD, and SAUTEED GREENS.
David and Arabella had dinner date last week so we didn't get to make this.

Monday: "Beans and Chips" a night out at our local Mexican restaurant for an Arabella special.

Tuesday: THAI TUNA BURGERS with DILLED BROWN RICE SALAD(Pressure Perfect, pg. 185) and WARM KALE SUNDRIED TOMATO SALAD .

Wednesday: TOFU KALE MUSTARD DILL SUPPER PIE (Whole Foods for the Whole Family, pg. 162) with BROWN RICE.

Thursday: SPAGHETTI with MEATBALLS (Pressure Perfect, pg. ) over Whole Kamut Spiral Pasta.

Friday: PRESSURE COOKER CHICKEN with BROWN RICE, SAUTEED ONIONS AND SUMMER SQUASH. BEEFSTEAK TOMATO SALAD (Everyday Food, v.24, pg. 117).

Saturday: Traveling to Fort Bragg to visit my parents. I guess we'll eat what they're cooking!

No comments: