Monday, August 14, 2006

Third week of August 2006

I think most of you know that Kelly and I swap menu's everyother week. This is the one she gave me for this week. Happy eating.

Sunday: Southwestern Barbecue with grilled burgers, baked beans, corn, tomato salad, and lemon meringue pie (yes, I know I had some the day before, I am really craving it though!). We had Don and Melissa over for dinner. These burgers were a combination of pork and turkey mixed with onion and fresh herbs, they were super yummy! I had a chipotle mayonaise, avocados, grilled onions, tomatoes and jalepenos on the side. (Everyday Food, Issue14, pg. 102)

Monday: Salmon with mango salsa, brown rice and sauteed zuchinni from the garden.

Tuesday: Chicken coconut curry (It is very similar to this, although peanuts and peas were added.

Wednesday: Mexican Bean and Corn Casserole (Feeding the Whole Family, Cynthia Lair), with Whole Spelt Tortillas, grilled veggies and salsa.

Thursday: Chicken and Artichoke Stew with sweet brown mochi rice (Everyday Food, Issue 15, pg. 57); Add bok choy or greens to side.

Friday: Eggplant Tomato Gratin with Turkey Sausage (Gardeners' Community Cookbook, pg. 182). Kelly like to spring these eggplant dishes on me to see if I will continue to try them!

Saturday: Perhaps some leftovers, or considering we already missed Monday's meal because we went to IKEA, most likely that Salmon!

No comments: