Sunday, October 24, 2010

Saturday's Meals

Hello Weekend!  Time for some breakfasts that take a little extra time.  I got this breakfast idea from another GAPS momma who is on the Yahoo list serve (I will credit her when I can find her post...).  This has been a hit with my family, and certainly my husband who's favorite breakfast pre-GAPS was Biscuits and Gravy.






Saute sausage, onions, spices.  Steam Cauliflower in bone broth, blend.  Add blended cauliflower to sausage.  Stir.  Add pepper and salt to taste.  Biscuit recipe here.  I used bacon fat instead of coconut oil. They were a hit for the family, but a little to "cookie" like for me.  I meant to cook up some cabbage too, and I am not entirely sure why that went unnoticed.

For lunch, we took it on the go.  We heated up the leftover soup from Tuesday (No leftovers from last night, they were all eaten up!).  I made a squash puree, grabbed an avocado and we headed out to the Sacramento Waldorf Harvest Festival.  We had a blast, but were a little limited on food, and luckily there was a farmer's market there and we bought some fruit too.

Thankfully, my husband had made dinner that morning, so it was ready when we arrived home from our big rainy adventure.  He used the pressure cooker to make a brisket.  I made some green beans and mushrooms, and bone broth and that made dinner.

No comments: