Saturday, March 05, 2011

Garlic & Jalapeno Prawns



It has been far to long since my last post.  The meals around here have been so boring and not worthy of inspiring anyone to make something delicious.  I vowed to make a meal plan this week, and have some yummies lined up.  We have been getting tired of the usual roast or chicken around here and decided to let loose a little and try something "crazy".  Everyone loved it!  Girls ate way more than I did.  My hubby grilled up a grass-fed organic T-bone and made it a surf and turf.  So, here's one I altered from my dear friend, Martha Stewart:

Ingredients:
1 lb. prawns, deveined, mostly skinned
15 cloves of garlic, minced
2 Tb. animal fat (I like duck)
1/2 jalapeno, de-seeded and finely chopped
1/2 lemon, juiced
2 Tb. organic white wine (optional)
Salt

Direction:
1.  Heat oil in skillet, add garlic, saute until lightly browned.  Quickly add jalapeno and toss in prawns.
2. As prawns began to get pink, add wine and lemon juice.  Salt as needed. They cook quickly, 1-2 minutes per side.

I served it with the Cucumber Mango Salad.

No comments: