Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sunday's Meals

This beautiful drizzly day started out with some nourishing foods.  Before breakfast we started with juicing 3 carrots, 1 beet, handful of mint, 1 pear, 1/2 of a cucumber.  I ran the pear and the carrot through first and saved the pulp for a pie later in the week.  Tip: wash juicer immediately, even before you drink the juice; it is so easy to clean when you commit to this ONE rule.  I was considering adding the date/time stamp so you could follow along with how long things take, but it bugs me a little to have that writing in the corner.



For breakfast today I made muffins from an amazing gluten-free website.  They were called cinnamon muffins!  (My little helper on the left there).  This was the first muffin we tried that combined a nut flour and coconut flour.  They were yummy!  We also had bacon.  While I was waiting for the bacon and muffins to cook, I reheated our planned lunch and packed for our outing that day.  Here you can see the beautiful muffins and the bacon are finished.  I am heating up some bone broth and left-over grass-fed organic ground beef that I made into taco meat the night before.  I have also steamed some beets that will be served with several Tablespoons of bacon grease.  In the cup there is not tea, but I am straining the bacon fat so there are not bits of blackness in it.  I find this metal tea strainer works great!



We spent the day outside at the Farmer's Market, the park, and went to the Pumpkin patch today.  Lots of fun, but planning meals for everyone can be a little stressful for me.  We ate some organic fruit that we purchased while shopping.  After we stopped at home to drop off our beautiful bounty of mostly organic veggies from the market, I through together some cookies and we were off to a party!  These cookies are super easy and only have these 6 ingredients :
2 1/4 cups almond meal,
1/4 cup cacao powder,
2 Tb. arrowroot powder,
1/2 tsp. baking soda,
1/4 tsp. salt,
 & 1/2 cup honey.
Blend dry ingredients by hand or in the cuisinart.  Add honey, blend.  Scoop with wet hands little flattened balls on a cookie sheet.  Bake for 10-15 minutes at 350*.  They were all eaten at the party in approximately... 3 minutes, maybe less!!!

For dinner tonight, as following the meal plan from
last week, we had fish.  We bought some sushi grade Ahi Tuna and fixed it up deliciously.  The cooked was sauteed in bacon grease, and the raw was sprinkled with salt and toasted sesame seeds.  We had the tuna served with a big green salad (greens, grated carrot, cucumber, tomatoes, avocado); dressing was ground-up almonds with some home-made mayo, fresh dill and chives, and salt.  Served with more avocado and bone broth.

No comments: