Sunday, February 13, 2011

Almond Flour Pancakes


This recipe is SO easy, I can now make it without measuring.

Ingredients:
1 cup almond flour (I used Benefit Your Life Organic Blanched Almond Flour)
1/2 cup apple sauce
1/2 tsp. baking soda (not GAPS, but okay for us)
2 eggs
1-4 Tb. water depending on consistency

Method:
-Mix all ingredients together.  Add needed water until pancake consistency.
-Dollop mix onto well heated and greased pan (I used coconut oil or duck fat).  Make them on the small side (1-2 Tb of mix) so you can turn them.  Let them cook longer than you think, and then pry the edges and give a good flip.
-Toppings to consider:  Apple Sauce, Honey, Pineapple, Yogurt, Blueberries, Home-made Jam, Pumpkin butter, etc.  You get the idea.  No need to feel deprived here.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I make my pancakes very similarly but use rolled oats pulsed instead of flour Am going to try these next